Technology Systems Design Consultant
Technical Design Services, Inc. (TDSi), located in Naperville, IL, is seeking a detail-oriented and versatile Technology Systems Design Consultant with a passion for learning more about our industry. The designer will work with project teams on a multitude of diverse projects utilizing general construction and drafting knowledge to assist in preparing Information Technology (Cabling, AV and Security) drawings.
TDSi employs people with above average talent and outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the TDSi team. In return, TDSi offers an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects in the industry, together with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD® including current knowledge of typical drafting and design standards. Proficiency in AutoCAD REVIT 2014® is a plus.
- General knowledge and familiarity with building construction and experience in general construction. Having the ability to read and understand construction documents, plans, and specifications is a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display proficiency with PC office tools, such as: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, integrity, and flexibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three to five years of relevant work experience or degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a technology design roll or similar relevant experience.
- BICSI RCDD a plus.
- Direct the drafting department on the intake of CAD plans from Architects and other clients.
- Develop final Technology Construction drawings derived from rough layouts, verbal instructions, field notes, and sketches produced by senior design staff that adhere to company design standards. Activities would include but not be limited to:
– Review and understand project requirements with senior design staff
– Create drop/device location floor plan layouts
– Create IDF/MDF and computer room layouts
– Create rack/wall elevations and panel usage details
– Create building riser diagrams
– Develop termination and installation detail sheets
- Assist senior design staff in the creation of bid and review sets.
- Distribute sets via shipping or electronic posting means.
- Review RFP responses and assist in bid reviews.
- Perform site reviews detailing contractor progress.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to info@GoTDSi.com to be considered for this position. Put the position title in the subject line.