Audio/Visual Systems Design Consultant
Technical Design Services, Inc. (TDSi), located in Naperville, IL, is seeking a detail-oriented and versatile Audio/Visual Systems Design Consultant with a passion for learning more about our industry. The designer will work with project teams on a multitude of diverse projects utilizing general construction and drafting knowledge to assist in preparing Audio/Visual systems drawings.
TDSi employs people with above average talent and outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the TDSi team. In return, TDSi offers an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects in the industry, together with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD® including current knowledge of typical drafting and design standards. Proficiency in Autodesk REVIT 2014® is a plus.
- General knowledge and familiarity with building construction, the ability to read and understand construction documents, plans, and specifications is a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display proficiency with PC office tools, such as: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, integrity, and flexibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent and three to five years of relevant work experience or degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a audio/visual design roll or similar relevant experience.
- Familiarity with AMX, Crestron and Extron control systems.
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment manufactured by Christie, Cisco Tandberg, Extron, Biamp etc.
- Knowledge video wall equipment manufacturers such as Barco, RGB Spectrum, and Planar.
- Knowledge of digital signage equipment manufactured by Cisco, Scala, NEC, Samsung.
- Must be able to manage strict timelines and multiple installation teams in order to meet deadlines.
- Professional certifications (CTS, CTS-D) are a plus.
- Direct the drafting department on the intake of AutoCAD backgrounds/REVIT models from Architects and other clients.
- Generate construction drawings based on verbal instruction, meeting minutes, field notes, and sketches produces by senior design staff that adhere to company design standards.
- Activities include but are not limited to:
– Review and understand project requirements with senior design staff
– Develop floor plan device layouts
– Create installation details
– Produce cabinet layouts, and equipment rack elevations
– Create logic diagrams detailing audio/visual and control system requirements
– Produce supporting equipment specifications detailing systems performance
– Review contractor submittals for compliance with design criteria
– Maintain regular communication with Project Managers and Field Staff for any changes to design or specifications and issue clarifications
– Assist senior design staff in the creation of bid and review sets
– Distribute sets via shipping or electronic posting means
– Review RFP responses and assist in bid reviews
– Perform site reviews detailing contractor progress
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to info@GoTDSi.com to be considered for this position. Put the title of the position in the subject line.